Quickly place a button on a page.How do I add this widget to a page?
- Click Edit Page
- Click either + Content or the Settings icon (down-facing caret) which will be located to the right of Edit where you will need to select either Insert above or Insert below
- Choose the Button widget
- Enter the text you would like displayed on the button.
- Enter the link that you would like to link to.
- Select the target. We recommend if the link is going to a document or an external website that the target be changed to New Window
- Additional fields can be found in the Settings tab, these will allow you to customize what information the widget displays. The fields and their descriptions are listed below;
- Style - Choose the style of the button. The options available are; Default and Link Only
- Size - Select the size of the button from the default size up to Large.
- Color - Select the color of the button from the following options; Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Accent, Info, Gray, Light Gray, Dark Gray, and Dark
- Icon - Pick from a selection of icons if you want one to be displayed.
- Alignment - This allows you to pick the alignment of the button from left, center, and right. By default, the alignment is left
- Full Width - Should the button fill the complete width of the container. The default is off.
- Title - If you want text to be displayed in the tooltip when the button is rolled over, enter it into this field.
- When you are finished, click on the green Create button and your Button widget will show up on the page.
- Make sure to click either the Publish or the Save Draft option just as you would when you're editing pages.
- Is it possible to have the Button widget send an email or dial a phone number?
It is also possible to have a button send an email or dial a phone number when clicked on. Both will try to open the appropriate program, on a visitor's computer if one is available, to handle the request. If one is not available nothing will happen.
- If you like to use the button as a Contact Us enter mailto: followed by the email address into the Link field. So to send to email@example.com you would enter mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org into the link field.
- To have the button dial a phone number enter tel: followed by the phone number into the Link field. So to dial you would enter tel: into the link field.
- Is it possible to have the Button widget look like an actual button?
To get an actual button look to this widget, a color other than none needs to be picked in the Color field found under the Settings tab for the widget.
Campus Suite Tip #1- The alternative way to creating buttons is to simply make a link on a page, select it, and select the desired button style from the Styles context-sensitive menu in the TEXT widget.
Campus Suite Tip #2- It is best to keep the text inside a button as short as possible. Anything that goes over ten or fifteen words is probably too long. Simple statements are best.