Click the Enter Full-Screen icon at the lower-right corner of the video to view the video at full screen.
This tutorial discusses the basic page structure of a page to show how the inner and outer templates govern the content areas of your web site. Then, we show how to manage your primary web site navigation and the links that comprise each menu beneath. This is usually done in the Outer Template that governs your web site. Web sites that have multiple themes may need navigation and menu changes made to the outer template of each individual theme.
Campus Suite support can answer any questions you have about your website, and using the tools. Just submit your question to us from your dashboard. Click Support at the bottom-left area of your admin dashboard. Then click Tickets and then Submit a Ticket.
To edit the drop-down menus of your website click on Themes & Layouts in the left-hand navigation. You will see a list of Themes, and underneath each Theme is Outer Layouts, Inner Layouts and Delete Theme. Before continuing please remember that any edits to the Outer or Inner Layouts will affect the entire site and we recommend being cautious about making any edits to them.
- Click on Outer Layouts under the appropriate theme. This will bring you to a page that shows all of the Outer Templates for that Theme. Click on the Pencil icon to the right of the Template that you would like to edit.
- This is where people get confused because you are not automatically in edit mode (you will not see your theme yet) to do so click on Edit Mode, located in the left-hand navigation.
- You will now be in the Outer Template. This is what you will see at first glance. Notice the Lock area. This is where the Inner Template and content are pulled into. You can't edit these areas from here, as we are in the Outer Template.
- To edit the Navigation bar position the cursor over the container that contains the Mega Menu widget and a green bar will appear. Click on the Pencil icon and then select Edit from the drop-down menu that will appear. Please see the Mega Menu article for more information on how to update the widget.
Note - If you find that you are editing a Shared Content widget you can easily locate where the drop-down menu is located by looking at the settings of the widget. By going to the department that is listed in the Department field, you should be able to locate the file that was listed in the Select the shared content field, that contains the drop-down menu, by clicking on Shared Content in the module list.
- To edit the drop-down menus position the cursor over the menu item that container that contains the Mega Menu widget and a green bar will appear. Click on the Pencil icon and then select Edit from the drop-down menu that will appear. You will be taken to either an widget, where you will be able to edit the options in the drop-down menu or a widget, where you can locate the file that you will need to edit.
- Finally, after making the necessary changes click Save --> Publish